Become A Member...
Are you seeking opportunities that will keep you informed about the latest advances in the anti-fraud profession? Do you feel you are missing out on networking opportunities in Georgia? If you answered yes to either or both of these questions, then the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), a member-based global association dedicated to providing anti-fraud education and training, is the association for you. Together with its members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity of our profession.
We invite you to be our guest at our next meeting. We meet monthly at the Ansley Golf Club in Atlanta for lunch, where you will be exposed to networking opportunities with industry professionals and some of the most interesting guest speakers who present on various educational fraud topics. Check out some pictures of recent events on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Here are three of the most powerful reasons anti-fraud professionals join the ACFE…
- Extensive Networking Build a powerful network of peers by attending regional and international meetings. In addition, participate in local meetings and events to learn what’s happening in our area, and to have some fun with your peers.
- Industry-Specific Knowledge Get the most up-to-date information and knowledge through ACFE’s bimonthly magazine, Fraud Magazine. You will also receive monthly issues of Fraud Examiner, the member e-newsletter.
- Quality Education Get the best information available on a wide variety of fraud topics from the industry’s leading experts at the Annual ACFE Fraud Conference & Exhibition, as well as other professional development conferences and seminars - all available at discounted rates for ACFE members.
Membership Incentive Program
One of the other benefits of joining the GACFE, is that as a new or current member, you can take advantage of the following program at a discount:
- Further your education in the field of fraud investigations and interview and interrogation as well as anti-corruption investigations with Kennesaw University’s Anti-Fraud and Forensic Interview Specialist Certificate. This is a Hyflex designed program which serves in collaboration with the Georgia Office of Inspector General. It is a program that can be completed in less than one year and more importantly, as a member of GACFE, you will receive 10% off your tuition.
In addition, our chapter offers an annual all-day seminar each November where you could earn up to 8 hours of CPE from specially selected speakers covering the most up-to-date fraud topics. We trust that you will consider becoming a part of the ACFE and our chapter. We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting. Now, check out our special offer to you.
Do I have to be an accountant or auditor to become part of the ACFE or GACFE?
- Absolutely not. We represent a wide array of fraud examiners covering various industries
and walks of life that are engaged in the investigation and examination of fraud within the private
and government sectors. And yes that covers cyber crimes and cyber forensics too.
Do I have to be a Certified Fraud Examiner to join?
What benefits will I derive from joining the GACFE?
Networking opportunities, training,education, volunteer oppportunities.
Can I volunteer with GACFE? If so, what benefits are there from volunteering?
The answer is yes, you can volunteer. In doing so, you will be expanding your profeesional networking circle.
Plus, you will gain the satisfaction of giving back and or possibly mentoring someone.
To have the possibility of joining our Board of Directors.
How can I found out more about your events and or volunteering?
- For our events page click here. For our news page click here. And for our volunteer board committees page click here.